What Is Painless Dentistry?
Many people struggle with dental anxiety, but if your fear comes from an expectation of pain, then you need to learn about painless dentistry.
It’s a term used to describe a new experience patients can get at the dentist’s office. Modern dentistry isn’t just concerned with treating your oral health issues; it also tries to ensure you have a positive experience from the moment you step into the practice.
Keep reading this short blog post to learn more about painless dentistry.
How Is Painless Dentistry Achieved?
Painless dentistry isn’t just about medication. It aims to give patients a new and better way to get their oral health needs addressed.
While practices can have different ways to achieve painless dentistry, here are the steps taken here at Emergency Dentist of Austin:
- Anesthesia - This is the bare minimum any practice can do to create a painless experience for dental patients. It's uncommon to encounter places that don’t use something to numb the mouth before performing even common procedures such as treating a cavity.
- Sedation - This is completely different from anesthesia. While the former blocks the pain, the latter ensures you remain calm and relaxed throughout the entire procedure. Emergency Dentist of Austin offers several types of dental sedation to help patients have a painless and stress-free experience.
- Compassion - In most cases, people coming to the Emergency Dentist of Austin cross the threshold scared and in a lot of pain. To create a true painless dentistry experience, patients are always met with a lot of compassion and empathy from every staff member to let them know they are in good hands.
Can Emergency Dentistry Be Painless?
Pain is one of the most common reasons why people turn to emergency dental services. However, swift care is often the solution to taking the pain away.
If you’re dealing with a dental emergency, the Emergency Dentist of Austin team can assist you with:
- Compassion and a safe space where you will feel taken care of
- Dental sedation to help you feel better and relax
- Local anesthesia to numb the pain of your oral health issue and any additional pain from the treatment.
- Expert emergency services to restore your oral health, performed by Dr. Sumit Kumar
- Essential tips on how to care for your oral health and support your healing journey after your procedure
Experience a Better Way to Restore Your Oral Health
Whether you’re experiencing a dental emergency or not, you should not have to experience additional pain just to access oral health care.
Dr. Sumit Kumar is committed to offering patients a painless dental experience tailored to their unique needs.
If you are dealing with a dental emergency, call us at (512) 961-6200 right away for swift care.
For a regular visit, you can request an appointment with the Emergency Dentist of Austin online and stop by to see what painless dentistry is all about.